Setting up an email address to Gmail can sometimes be handy especially if you are used to the application already.
First thing that you need to do is to make sure you have your email address right, you have the right password, and the server settings.
While setting up an email to Gmail is automatic, there are cases that it will give you an error, so it will be best to add it manually. Setting up an email address to Gmail requires your email details.
- Username: email@example.com (your full email address).
- Password: use whatever password you were assigned.
- Incoming Mail Server: mostly mail.yourdomain.com, but double-check with your email provider, as this may not be the case for you. (replacing yourdomain.com with your domain name).
- Use SSL on port 993 (IMAP) or port 995 (POP)
- Outgoing Mail Server: mostly mail.yourdomain.com, but double-check with your email provider, as this may not be the case for you. (replacing yourdomain.com with your domain name).
- Use SSL on port 465
If you have all these, you can proceed with the steps below:
- Login to Gmail and go to Settings > Accounts and Import.
- Click Add a mail account in Check email from other accounts.
- Enter your full email address, click Next.
- Select Import emails from my other account, click Next
- Enter the settings, check the boxes, click on Add account
- Select Yes, if you want to be able to send email using the email address that you just added.
- Type your name, tick Treat as an alias, click Next Step
- Add SMTP server and make sure to type in port number 465 and select SSL
- Click on Add Account.
You’re all done!
Please note that the server settings may vary depending on your mail service provider. If you aren’t sure what it is, it’s best to contact your mail provider first. Just let them know what you re
If you have questions, please send me an email here
You may also message me on Facebook